Lutterworth Cycle Centre Terms and Conditions
- Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
The contents of this website is for general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on our website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website many include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- Definitions Used
- In these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the meanings set out below:
- "Seller" shall mean Lutterworth Cycle Centre, 1B George Street, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4EG. VAT NO. GB 661 0225 74
- "Buyer" shall mean any person, partnership or body corporate detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form/delivery note.
- "Goods" shall mean the item/s detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form/delivery note.
- "Price" shall mean the sum due to the Seller from the Buyer for the Goods and shall include VAT at the appropriate rate unless otherwise stated.
- "Working day" shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- 1. Contact Details
- The Buyer may contact the Seller at the address specified above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A full set of contact details is included on our contact page including a simple form for you to use to email us.
- 2. Price
- 2.1 The price payable for the Goods are clearly set out on the the Seller's website.
2.2 The prices quoted are those ruling at the time of order. Due to circumstances beyond the Seller's control, prices may have to be altered up or down, including any alterations to the rate of value added tax. The correct price will be shown on the Buyer's delivery note. If for this, or any other reason, the Goods are not acceptable, they may be returned as set out herein in the paragraph headed 'Returns and Cancellations'. All prices shown are cash prices in sterling. The Seller reserves the right to accept or reject orders. Prices of Goods displayed in and ordered through the the Seller's website may differ from prices in the Seller's store.
- 3. Payments
- 3.1 The Seller accepts all major credit and debit cards. The card must be registered to the address to where the Goods are to be delivered.
3.2 The Seller is unable to accept cards that are due to expire within thirty days of the date of the order is received by the Seller. Card details are checked and verified by a third party and goods are despatched once authorisation has been obtained.
3.3 The Seller does not accept payment by cheque.
3.4 The Buyer's legal rights are not affected by this clause.
- 4. Contract
- There will be no contract of any kind between the Seller and the Buyer until payment for the Goods is received in full by the Seller. At any point up until then the Seller may decline to supply the Goods to the Buyer without giving any reason. Authority for payment must be given at the time of the order. Exceptions apply to personalised Goods and Goods sourced by the Seller to the Buyer’s specification, orders for which cannot be cancelled once the Buyer has received email confirmation that the order has been accepted. For a list of exceptions please see Returns and Cancellations below.
- 5. Delivery
- 5.1 Delivery will be made only to the address registered to the Card used by the Buyer to pay for the Goods. Deliveries will be made at the Seller's discretion either by post or by courier. The Seller will use his best endeavours to secure delivery within 10 working days of the date of order, time not being of the essence. If the Buyer is not at home for a pre-arranged delivery then the Seller reserves the right to charge the Buyer a further sum to redeliver the Goods. If the Buyer wishes to change the delivery date once it is agreed then please give the Seller not less than 48 hours notice prior to delivery.
5.2 Delivery is usually during business hours. For certain areas such as Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, delivery will take an extra day. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed.
5.3 If for any reason the Goods are damaged on receipt, or any part of the Goods are missing, the Buyer must ensure it is noted on the courier's paperwork and inform the Seller in writing within 3 working days of receipt. Thereafter, the Buyer shall be responsible for any such discrepancy.
- 6. Delivery Charges
- 6.1 The Seller's delivery charge to mainland England and Wales are specified on the Seller's website and are dependent on the Goods purchased and the date of purchase.
6.2 Delivery outside mainland England and Wales and north of Glasgow and Edinburgh postcodes attract a surcharge to be confirmed at time of order.
- 7. Returns and Cancellations
- 7.1 The Buyer has the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of the Goods made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions within 7 working days from the day after the delivery of the Goods. Cancellation must be in writing and be signed by or on behalf of the Buyer and must be delivered to the Seller either by first class post to Lutterworth Cycle Centre, 1B George Street, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4EG or by email to email@example.com
7.2 On cancellation of the contract the Buyer remains liable for the Goods until they are returned to the Seller. The Goods must be returned to the Seller at the Buyer's expense using an insured and signed for delivery service in an unused condition, like new, with the original packaging and unencumbered. The Buyer may return the Goods to the Seller's store at Lutterworth Cycle Centre, 1B George Street, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4EG between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Saturday (closed all day Sunday). If the Buyer returns the Goods to the Seller's store, the Buyer must take his delivery note with him.
7.3 If the Buyer fails to return the Goods within 14 working days of cancellation the Seller shall be entitled to collect the Goods from the Buyer and to recover the direct cost of such collection from the Buyer.
7.4 The Seller shall refund monies owing to the Buyer in respect of the Goods within 30 days from the date of cancellation of the contract or on receipt of the Goods by the Seller whichever is the earlier. The Seller reserves the right to retain any sums to which the Seller is entitled under these Terms and Conditions.
7.5 If the Buyer has opened any packaging to examine the Goods this must have been done without damaging the packaging as the packaging is specifically designed for the Goods and is deemed to be part of the Goods.
7.6 No refunds or exchanges can be given on Goods provided to the Buyer's specification or sourced by the Seller to the Buyer's specification unless there is a manufacturing fault.
- 8. Guarantees
- Where appropriate it is the Buyer's responsibility to complete all warranty cards/documents on receipt of the Goods as guarantees are provided by the manufacturer/UK importer and are subject to the terms and conditions of the appropriate manufacturer/ UK importer.
- 9. Limitations on Liability
- 9.1 Any advice provided by the Seller or by an employee of the Seller is based upon information provided by the Buyer.
9.2 No liability for failure of the Goods is accepted by the Seller:-
9.3 The Seller accepte no liabilty in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of of the Seller, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God. war or actions by third parties.
- 9.2.1 for alternative use to that which the Goods are intended.
- 9.2.2 if amendments or modifications are made.
- 9.2.3 if unsatisfactorily maintained.
- 9.2.4 where the Buyer attempts to modify, adapt or install Goods where it is known or ought reasonably to be known by the Buyer that the Goods are incorrect, defective or not as ordered.
- 9.2.5 where the Buyer fails to comply with manufacturer's instructions relating to installation or fitting of the Goods.
9.4 Notwithstanding any other provisions in these Terms and Conditions, nothing herein shall confer nor is it intended to confer, a benefit on any third party for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose.
9.5 Compatibility of the Goods is not guaranteed where modifications or alterations have been made and shall no longer be in warranty.
9.6 Where the Buyer alleges that the Goods are defective the Buyer shall at his expense return the same to the Seller for inspection with no obligation on the Seller to replace the Goods before inspection. If the Goods are found to be defective the Seller shall at his discretion repair or replace such defective Goods.
9.7 All Goods are sold on the basis that they are suitable for domestic use only and for the avoidance of doubt usage for competition purposes is excluded.
9.8 The Seller reserver the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any document relating to the sale of the Goods without notice.
9.9 The Buyer is responsible for correctly completing all information in his order form for the Goods and no liability for any error or an inaccuracy therein shall lie with the Seller.
- 10. Availability
- All orders for Goods are subject to availability.
- 11. Colour Reproduction
- The limitations of colour reproduction and the individual colour settings of computer screens may mean a slight variation in colour. Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are accurate. However, specifications may change.
- 12. Complaints
- The Seller aims to deal with complaints speedily and sympathetically. All complaints are logged, investigated and replied to.
- 13. Privacy